Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Post Vacation Scorecard!

Back from an amazing vacation!!

I am working on a cruise post but for now, I wanted to circle back on how I did on my vacation with staying on plan.



1.  Stay away from the buffet's - WIN!  Didn't even walk into one!

2.  Stay away from the foo foo drinks - WIN!  Didn't partake...wine and 

beer however...don't ask.  

3.  Drink your water - WIN!  Didn't drink as much as I do at home but 

did ok!

4.  Do not take the elevator - FAIL!  I forgot how flipping BIG this ship 

is...with the Deck we were on, virtually everything was more than 5 

flights... that said I did get a lot of activity in with all of the walking!

  
5.  No eating after dinner - WIN!  I went with the boys several times to 

get snacks but was good!

6.  Log my food - FAIL! I was really good the first few days and then the 

wheels fell off.

7.  Start every meal with a garden salad - FAIL!  I forgot my dressing 

(my son was so happy because he was already embarrassed)!



8.  Exercise every day - FAIL!  If there was an EPIC FAIL, I would 

assign it to myself since I did not intentionally exercise ONCE.  We were 

super active with other things so I guess it came out in the wash.

8.  Nip the mindless nibbling in the Concierge Lounge prior to dinner

WIN!  I nibbled a little but did not go crazy.


9.  Plan for my splurges - WIN! I enjoyed every last bite of that Red 

Velvet cake...took me 5 days to eat it but it was wonderful!  Souffle 

was mostly left on the table since it was not as good as last year.  We 

will not discuss the ridiculous amounts of guac and Tecate Lite while in 

Mexico... was amazing and I would do it again.  I will, in fact, next time 

I am there!

10.  Become a "food snob" - WIN!  I left many things on my plate if 

they were not something that was really really good.

11.  Stay out of the bread basket - WIN! I had a few but certainly not 

every night and I really paid attention to it.



I also took my withings scale and weighed in every day...everyone 

thought I was insane but I think that is the ONE THING that made the 

difference.  I will definately be taking that bad boy on all long vacays 

from now on...



Bottom line - I gained 2.6 lbs from the time we went into vacation 

mode (my son's friend came two days before and we were eating out 

nonstop)!  I certainly didn't maintain but I'm pretty happy with that 

given what I did eat and with all of the alcohol...

Miami weekend AND a cruise?   I'm down 1.2 of that in 2 days so I am 

feeling good and am back at it.  On a mission for that next 10 lbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment