Thursday, January 24, 2013

An Ode to Sportbrain

We have discussed my joy for all things tech....pardon the pun...

It all started with this little baby...version one circa year 2001...





Version 2 followed and added a step count on the face...



They were technical pioneers "back in the day", bundled communities into a portal, challenges and a day "Sportfolio" that gave you total insight into your day.



Just posting this makes me miss it BADLY...it was my crack.  It changed my life, seriously.  I was heartbroken when they suffered and died in the economic downturn.  I literally started gaining weight within a month or so after I lost this magical defense against fatness!!  The combination of challenges, early social media and tracking are the keys to the kingdom for realz.

If I would have had the money, I would have bought them myself - thats how much I believed in them and their vision.

Zoom ahead - YEARS later....enter patent infringement lawsuit!! 



Here's to hoping they win something for their innovation and come back to market.  I will then throw my fit self at their feet and beg them to hire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment